view more programs >
Leadership Scholars Program
Who should apply:
Rutgers undergraduates with a strong interest in women's leadership, and creating social change.
- Students in any undergraduate unit of Rutgers University are eligible to apply to the program. All majors are welcome.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must take or plan to take one of the following prerequisite courses:
988 101 Introduction to Gender, Race, and Sexuality
988 130 Knowledge and Power: Issues in Women's Leadership
988 201 Feminist Practices
988 202 Gender, Culture and Representation
988 235 Dynamics of Class, Race, and Sex
The program accepts 18-20 applicants each year, comprised of mainly juniors and a few outstanding sophomores. Application deadline is March 1st, with interview priority given to early bird applicants, by February 1st.
All IWL Leadership Scholars are eligible to apply for scholarships, awards, and other special opportunities open only to IWL Leadership Scholars, including a $500 seed grant to fund a social action project in the second year of the program.
Rutgers students affiliate with IWL during four terms and are required to take 19 credits of course work offered through the Department of Women’s and Gender Studies. Certificates are awarded with the awarding of a baccalaureate degree.
Click here to view curriculum
Click here to view policy area of interest
Applications Must Include:
- completed application form
- two-page typed essay describing a policy issue in your chosen field
- your resume
- your current transcript
- two letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a professor)
Click here to apply online now!
Frequently asked questions about the Leadership Scholars Program
Still have questions?
Call or e-mail Associate Director, Leadership Programs and Research, Sasha Taner:
^ back to top